Welcome to Natural Wellness Thermography!
What is Thermography?
* Thermography is an FDA approved non-invasive screening procedure which uses a specialized camera to take pictures of your infrared image from any part of the body
* A clinical imaging procedure for detecting and monitoring a number of disease and physical injuries, by showing the thermal abnormalities present in the body
* Painless and no contact with the body
* It is a valuable tool used by a health care practitioner to evaluate the health of the body
Is Thermography beneficial for the breast?
* It offers the opportunity of earlier detection of breast disease than has been possible through self exam, doctor exam or mammography alone.
* Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging (DITI) camera detects abnormal cellular changes that accompany breast pathology whether it is cancer, fibrocystic disease, an infection or vascular disease.
* 30 years of research resulted in 800 peer-reviewed studies on breast thermography in the scientific literature
How does Thermography differ from Mammography?
* Completely safe as there is NO Radiation involved in this technology.
* Painless and there is no contact to the body!
* All women can benefit from Thermography. It is especially appropriate for younger women and women with denser breast tissue where mammography is not as reliable
* Can look for abnormalities outside the borders of the breast and at the chest wall
Why is Thermography of the breast essential?
* Breast thermography has an average sensitivity and specificity of 90%
* An abnormal thermogram of the breast is 10 times more significant as a future risk indicator for breast cancer than a first order family history of the disease.
* Breast thermography has the ability to detect the first signs that a cancer may be forming up to 10 years before any other procedure can detect it.
Does thermography screen for other issues in the body?
* It is the ONLY method available for visualizing pain and pathology
* Yes, this screening detects and monitors numerous conditions, diseases and physical injuries including:
-Breast Disease Disc Disease
-Referred Pain Syn.
-Dental and TMJ
-Referred Pain Syndrome
Is Thermography covered by Insurance?
Yes, some insurance companies cover Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging (DITI). The patients/clients are advised to check with their individual plan. The CPT Code is 93740 which stands for Breast Thermography/Temperature Gradient Study. If you are uninsured or if your insurance does not cover DITI, The United Breast Cancer Foundation will cover all or a portion of the cost. Please apply online at UBCF.info to get up to $150.00 based on financial need. Patients are encouraged to fill out a one page application on their website even if you feel you would not receive any funds. Please follow up with them once you are approved and check with them periodically.
REGION OF INTEREST
BREAST & ROI
UPPER BODY & BREAST
LOWER BODY & BREAST
FULL BODY & BREAST